In their newest news update, developer Respawn has decided to outline some choice features of the second season of their breakout battle royale hit Apex Legends. Next weekend, on June 8th, will delve deeper into Season 2 during EA Play Livestream.
Respawn Entertainment made a huge splash on the competitive battle royale scene earlier this by stealthily releasing their own take on the popular genre with Apex Legends. But while the launch of the free-to-play game was truly an astonishing success and quickly surpassed even the genre juggernaut Fortnite on streaming services like Twitch, the game simply failed to keep up its momentum. Only a few months after the game’s launch, Apex Legends’ popularity waned at a rapid pace. Not enough new content was the prime complain of the community.
But things aren’t all doom and gloom since millions of gamers still watch and play the game on a regular basis. EA and Respawn are well aware of the gem in their hands and are hard at work to start the next phase with Season 2. In today’s news update on the game’s blog, we now learn about some new additions and changes that are going to come with Season 2. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Level up via Daily and Weekly Challenges.
- Time to Battle Pass level 100 should be significantly reduced.
- Three additional Legendary skins added to the rewards track.
- Three entirely new content categories replace badge and stat tracker rewards.
- You’ll earn enough Crafting Metal rewards from the full reward track to craft a Legendary item, or whatever your heart desires.
While this sounds really nice, it’s not all as the true reveal of Season 2 for Apex Legends will take place on June 8th during an EA Play Livestream. Whether some of the recently rumored new gameplay features will also make it in, will be seen then. There’s also The Legendary Hunt event going to take place starting next Tuesday which will also bring new skins, challenges and rewards. Here they are:
- Apex Elite Queue
- Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here’s the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
- Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
- Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
- Double XP Weekend
- From Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m. PST through Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. PST, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
- Battle Pass Bonus XP
- Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
- Legendary Hunt Store Skins
- Every three to four days during the event, we’ll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
- Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.